Friday, September 12, 2014

Puppies and life experience.

This is why I don't get shit done. I break out the laptop and it's like a beacon. I instantly have a fifteen pound dog head in my lap.
And the cat people think they have it bad.  
  This people, is Charlie. Short for Charlotte. Yes, she's a girl and yes she is named after an over acted Disney kids tv show. Yes it hurts her self esteem some but hey, my children were into it at the time. 
   Charlie is adopted. I'd go through the ordeal of keepin it a secret from her but I'm pretty sure she knows. She was three when she came to us after all. I don't how ever tell her that she came into my life to fill a void. That would just be rude. She's unique and has a personality all her own. I don't want her thinking that she's just around because I miss my friend. She has found her own space in our lives after all. 
    My friend I refer to is Kalu. She was the first dog I'd ever had on my own. She was my first Great Dane. She was a life lesson for me. 
   When I bought my own home I'd vowed that I'd have a dog of my own, and no little pip squeak dog like my mother loved. So when that day came I scoured the adoption places but they wouldn't let me adopt with out 'previous experience'. I then turned to the papers where I found little Dane pups for sale. Needless to say a little Dane pup raised me. She taught me patience. Or tried to. She also taught me how to be a mom and how to say good bye to a friend. 
   Now I'm sitting here with Charlie wishing she'd teach me how to be productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment