Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Confessions

Eight months ago I birthed my third and final child.  Four months before that I was let go from my job of the past seven years....  I've just turned 35.  A desperate and bleak picture I'm painting here for you, no?  Well, that wasn't my intention.
   My main objective was to pair down everything.  Boil my last tumultuous year down into a few sparse sentences so that we could start anew together.  I'm here on a whim, and while that may be so, I'm hoping to make the best of it.  I'd like to use this space not only to release some steam, or as a journaling tool but to spark something fresh.  Reawaken my creativity.  Possibly strengthen my writing muscles and hold me accountable. 
   I'm now firmly in the trenches of being a stay-at-home mom of three.  I'm glad to be away from my previous toxic career but I cannot allow myself to become comfortable on the couch (or comfortable only running around picking up after three small humans). If I'm going to be on the couch I may as well use it as a comfortable sitting spot to be productive in.  Welcome to my journey, hopefully it will be interesting and thoughtful or what ever.  Here's to growth and new opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment